Networks and Addresses
Currently, MetaKube only supports IPv4.
- Pod network
- Every Pod (excluding Pods that use
spec.hostNetwork: true) have a dedicated IP
- Service network
- All Services (except with
spec.clusterIP: None) have a dedicated virtual "Cluster IP"
- Node network
- All Kubernetes nodes have an interface with an "internal" IP in this network
- Any routable host on the internet
- Kubernetes nodes may have their own public IP address
- The SysEleven MetaKube Core infrastructure, while co-located in the datacenter, is routed over public networks